POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Currently certified as a CHHA/CNA under the laws of the states in which they intend to practice. Preference may be made to individuals with previous home health experience. Recent experience in direct patient care in an institution or home health setting is preferred.
Must be flexible and able to adjust to changing tasks frequently. Requires good hearing to assess situations quickly and respond appropriately. Good color vision essential to determine subtle changes in patient’s skin color and to rapidly recognize medication and color-coded supplies. Light to moderate physical activity required, including possible lifting up to 35lbs and turning of adult clients. Light to moderate degrees of stress incurred in daily employment. Must have valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, maintain valid auto liability insurance, and be able to drive throughout service area under a variety of weather conditions.Contact with a variety of housing conditions required. Must be able to maintain concentration during frequent interruptions.
1. Assists with personal care and related activities as assigned on care plan to preserve good patient hygiene and promote a healthful and safe environment.
· Carries out all assigned personal care duties as assigned by the Clinical Manager
· Assists with prescribed exercise programs under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist or RN.
· Promotes patient comfort according to individual tolerance level per activity.
· Assists patients in ambulation and/or transfer using proper body mechanics to protect patient and personal safety.
· Prepares meals and assists with eating as assigned by the Clinical Manager.
· Routinely assists patients with elimination needs.
· Observes and reports patient complaints/problems to the Clinical Manager or Director of Clinical Services immediately.
· Contacts the Clinical Manager by telephone to report emergency situations and request special instructions.
· Records intake and output and vital signs as ordered.
· Performs simple household procedures essential to maintenance of proper health care at home, such as disposal of infectious secretions, cleaning of soiled linen, and proper disposal of food, simple meal preparation and housekeeping which does not prolong stay or interfere with patient care.
2. Maintains and submits required documentation relative to care delivered to the patient within the guidelines of company policy.
· Communicates patient concerns and problems through proper channels via written and verbal modalities.
· Records all observations relating to care and treatment given in the patient’s clinical record.
· Completes a note for each visit delivered to the patient.
· Attends patient care conferences as assigned.
· Follows established procedures for charge items and ensures that all charges are property entered at the time of usage for total billing.
· Provide accurate, timely, complete, and acceptable documentation:
a. Accurate – Reflecting good nursing judgment and as scheduled.
b. Timely- Documentation to be within 48 hours of the visit.
c. Complete- All notes completed in totality, with a legible and understandable narrative. All admission documents completed and signed.
d. Acceptable- Meeting acceptable Medicare guidelines as explained and documented in accordance with Hometown Home Health Policies and Procedures.
· Comply with Hometown Home Health’s emergency preparedness plan
· Provide all personal documents for up-to-date personnel files in a timely manner as requested by Agency
· Assist in orientation of new personnel as requested.
3. Demonstrates accountability in completion of assigned duties in patient care as well as other related office activities.
- Presents a professional and mature manner at all times.
- Dresses appropriately for a home care environment.
- Interacts with the public in a polite and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates a willingness to listen to co-workers, patients, and families with a goal for a speedy problem resolution.
- Maintains strict confidentiality concerning patient information.
- Utilizes patient care equipment and supplies in a cost-effective manner.
- Delivers safe care according to physician orders, company policies, and established care standards.
- Attends required meetings to meet regulator requirements.
- Participates in staff development activities and assumes responsibility for growth and development.
- Attends twelve (12) in-service programs per year.
(This description does not reflect all the responsibilities of the position, nor shall this be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.)